United States of America
HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Learn to set up and assemble parts.
- Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
- Learn to accurately read and follow procedures, routing and other work instructions.
- Responsible for quality product standards with no defects.
- Responsible for building parts that meet customer expectations.
- Responsible to comply with applicable elements of quality systems.
- Participate in cost reduction plans and continuous improvement plans/events, as required.
- Participate in audits.
- Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certifications as required.
- Maintain materials, equipment, and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Comply with all rules and regulations, including, but not limited to: Environmental Health and Safety, Ethics, International Trade Compliance and Human Resources.
- Complete assigned tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual skills.
- Check work methods and results for conformance to standards and re-instruct as required.
- Report to lead or supervisor on work progress and updates including conditions surrounding failures to meet quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Career Readiness Certification (CRC) strongly preferred.
Experience / Qualifications:
- 0 + year s work experience is required with some manufacturing experience preferred
- Soldering certification preferred but not required
- The ability to test electronic products.
- The ability to follow assembly instruction.
- The ability to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- The ability to understand end uses of products being built.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail in order to ensure safety and quality.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- The ability to work in a team to support work capacity in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate computer skills in terms of typing, navigating screens and learning new software programs.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- The ability to take direction from more experienced coworkers, leads and supervisors.
- The ability to work independently and efficiently with limited supervision.
- Successful completion of training modules associated with job grade.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U. S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U. S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislinkto read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Associated topics: assembler, electrician, medical technologist, meter reader, repair, service porter, tech, technical, technician lab, technician staff