Quality Engineer (Supplier Quality) Aerospace - Long Island, NY
For over 30 years, PIC has remained the leading provider of full-service quality solutions, servicing the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries throughout the United States, Canada and most recently, Mexico. As the only full-service quality solutions provider of its kind, PIC provides containment, inspection, quality engineering consultants, training, and supplier development services. Not only do our quality solutions help customers meet their immediate needs, but they help to rectify quality issues long term. With our extensive geographic footprint, we are the largest global provider of quality solutions with the ability to respond quickly and effortlessly, when and where our customers need us.
Think you'd make a good addition to the team? Come, build a future with us!
Please visit our website at: www.trigo-group.com
The Quality Engineer (Supplier Quality) will evaluate and/or appraise supplier's manufacturing capabilities to baseline their processes for conformance to various documented commodity checklists, and/or special processes. Establishes part quality evaluation plans from materials requests through material receipt (full life-cycle). Provides resolution and disposition of non-conformance materials to ensure adequate corrective action.
* Utilize quality science techniques to effect continuous performance improvement at assigned suppliers;
* Reviews, analyzes, and reports on quality discrepancies related to process, assembly, manufacturing, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, or electro-mechanical systems;
* Ensure that performance and quality of products conform to established company and regulatory standards;
* Use surveillance and auditing techniques to identify opportunities for process and product improvement;
* Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, supplier, and procurement (as appropriate) to ensure requirements / expectations are satisfied;
* Facilitate development of supplier recovery plans;
* Monitor and evaluate supplier process for compliance to purchase order and engineering requirements;
* Collaborate with supplier to investigate root cause and corrective actions when process or product deficiencies are detected;
* Identify, plan, and facilitate cross-functional improvement activities;
* Deploy variation management tools and techniques at select suppliers to mitigate risk;
* Have performed Quality System Audits, AS9102 First Article Reviews;
* Computer proficiency and proficiency with MS Office products.
* Experience leading customer audits
* Strong verbal, written and communication skills
* Project management, time management, problem solving and organization
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* Ability to work as an effective team member
* Travel is required and may extend beyond the local area.
* Initial supplier assignments may change to meet customer requirements.
* Work hours are not fixed or guaranteed and may extend beyond 40 hours per week to meet customer requirements.
Required Education (including certifications):
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline, (i.e., Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Quality Management, etc.).
* OR In lieu of a Degree, 8+ years of hands-on experience as a Quality Engineering in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment.
Following a merger with TRIGO Group in November 2015, PIC has expanded its geographic footprint globally and created the largest and most comprehensive breadth of quality solutions available worldwide. Our team of over 8,000 professionals delivers Quality Assurance Services in over 20 countries. For more information, visit www.thepicgroup.com and www.trigo-group.com
PIC, a TRIGO Company is committed to the core values of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, and with respect and dignity. We offer employment opportunities based upon an individual's qualifications and performance, free from discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, color, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, and disability.