Click on \"Learn more about this agency\" button below to view **Eligibilities** being considered and other **IMPORTANT**information.
Air Reserve Technicians are full-time civilian employees who are also members of the Air Force Reserve unit in which they are employed. In addition to their civilian assignments, they are assigned to equivalent positions in the Reserve organization with a Reserve military rank or grade. Appointee's civilian assignments will consist of the following duties.
Learn more about this agency
* Conducts training for the upgrade of unqualified active duty and/or Reserve aircrew member and proficiency training for qualified Active Duty, Reservists and ART personnel * Analyzes and interprets unit training objectives, developing training program and training other aircrew such that the highest level of combat mission-ready proficiency of assigned crewmember is maintained * As required, flies as an aircrew member in unit aircraft in support of the unit mission * Represents the unit by participation in discussions, meetings or service on panels or committees
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
2181 Aircraft Operation
### Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship is required * Must be a current member of the AF Reserves or willing/qualified to join * A security clearance may be required * PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations * Total salary varies depending on location of position * This posn is subject to provision of the DoD Priority Placement Program * Must sign a mobility agreement * Position may be subject to random drug testing * Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays * Shift work and emergency overtime may be required * Employee must maintain current certifications * Disclosure of Political Appointments
**EXPERIENCE:**Must have a minimum of 1000 hours total military flight time in Mission Design Series (MDS), hold or qualify for a USAF pilot rating; hold a valid aviation service aeronautical order and have flown military aircraft within the past eight years.
**FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENTS FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS:** Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the next lower grade level or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
**TIG** applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks
**GS-13:**Must have logged 1,000 or more total pilot time (i.e., accumulation of primary, secondary, instructor, evaluator, simulator and student time), or 1,000 hours Primary Flight Time (i.e. primary, secondary, instructor, and evaluator time) or Instructor Pilot time. Must be instructor qualified in unit aircraft. (Note: For position requiring the piloting of fighter jet aircraft (e.g., F-16, A-10, F-15, F-22), each hours as First Pilot and/or Instructor Pilot in a fighter jet aircraft may be counted as two hours of flying time when determining total hours of pilot time or primary and/or instructor pilot time. Training aircraft (T-37/T-38) should be considered when giving double credit but only for those hours in which candidates logged either instructor/evaluator pilot or primary pilot time. Flying hours logged as a student pilot will be credited one-for-one when calculating total time.)
**KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):**Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: Knowledge of and skill in the application of rated aviator expertise as a pilot
Knowledge of and ability to formulate plans and courses pertaining to flying operations and unit flying training activities
Knowledge of flying operations and the unit mission
Knowledge of the relationship of the various Air Force Reserve entities, other MAJCOMs and Air Force in overall planning and execution of military operations and evaluations
Ability to resolve complex issues and maintain good working relations
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
**PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:**Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week**.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:**Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
### Additional information
Applicant must be commissioned or commissionable as an ART Officer in the Air Force Reserve. Air Reserve Technicians are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, Air Reserve Technicians are required to maintain their active membership in the Air Force Reserve unit where assigned. As members of Reserve units, Air Reserve Technicians receive on average one weekend of military training per month. In addition, they are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency.
**Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):**For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
**90-Day Register**: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
**Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
**Incentives**: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
**Tax Law Impact for PCS:** On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the \"Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for \"substantially all\" of the increased tax liability resulting from the \"2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act\" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: Bulletin 1805 Relocation Allowances0.pdf
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of \"not qualified\" or \"insufficient information\" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
**APPRAISALS/AWARDS:** Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
1. **Online Application** - Questionnaire 2. **Resume** - must include beginning and ending month and year and hours for each employment period (For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position) **ATAFR 209** - You MUST include ATAFR 209, Supplemental Statement for Aeronautical Reserve Technician, to provide total flying hours and dates ( **OR**an official Flying History Report 3. **Veterans' Preference** - If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference). 4. SF 50, Notification of Personnel Action-Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees): You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a \"1\" or \"2\" AND block 34 must be a\"1\"). Additionally, if you are applying for a higher grade (GS) and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old). 5. Applicants must refer to the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide (link provided above) for a complete list of required documents for each eligibility you identify. **ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS**: The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a \"certification\" of active service in lieu of a DD214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A \"certification\" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of \"veteran\" under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The \"certification\" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than **120 days after the date of submission.**The \"certification\" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid \"certification\" of service with their initial application will be found \"not eligible.\" Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
**OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS: Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Applicant should not submit an appraisal that does not include this information. **Awards for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Copies of any award received within the last 3 years.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 03/07/2019
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link:
To begin the process, click the** Apply Online**button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My Application**button at the end of the process.
**To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:**
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is \"most recent.\"
* It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application. * If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy. * For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. 2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10437912
**PLEASE NOTE:**It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources** WILL NOT**modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
### Agency contact information
### LaSandra Simmons
AFRC Non-ART Locations 550 'C' Street W JBSA Randolph AFB, TX 78150 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. * An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. * An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability * Social security number request * Privacy Act * Signature and false statements * Selective Service * New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525908400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.