Job Title: Control Tower Operator
Job Code: ES20181###-####1
Location: Kekaha, HI
Independently controls and manages air and ground traffic in controlled space to promote the safe, orderly and expeditious movement of aircraft.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
* Provides flight planning, clearance assistance, local weather conditions and enroute traffic information to local and transient aircraft.
* Provides ATC briefings to air crews and facility visitors, including deploying units, as required.
* Attends airfield meetings and briefings as required.
* Maintains all publications necessary to ascertain that military and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) published criteria are met.
* Controls air and ground activity within the airfield area during operationally active periods.
* Familiar with Special Use Airspace.
* Prepares and submits periodic reports IAW with contract requirements.
* Supports all operational requirements as scheduled in the Range Scheduling System
* Operates and monitors control tower systems and equipment during Range Operations to assure that Range Control Officer is made aware of air traffic within and about operational areas.
* Assists in preparing and developing new procedures and procedural changes.
* Participates in large area Foreign Object Debris (FOD) walk downs as required.
* Knowledge and experience in operating the Enhanced Terminal voice Switch (ETVS) and the Visual Information Display System (VIDS).
* Participates in the required Annual CNIC N32 Shore Installation Airfield Operations Evaluation Report, Annual Naval Safety Center Airfield Survey Reports, & Annual CNAF ATC NATOPS Evaluation Reports.
* Assists with the correction of discrepancy findings in the Formal Navy Inspections and forward updates on corrections for Plan Of Actions Milestones (POAM) monthly submittals.
* Reports any discrepancies/outages of the airfield facilities/equipment to Air Operations Department (Airfield Manager, Ground Electronics Maintenance Officer, Air Operations Officer, and Range Operations Supervisor) within 15 minutes of report.
* Performs other duties as required.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Restricted operating compartment.
* Must able to lift, carry,1-10 lbs. Positions include sitting, work requiring repeated or frequent stair climbing. Environmental: Customer Contact, Extended Work Day and Confined Work Area.
* High School or Equivalent
* Must have formal military or civilian training as an Air Traffic Controller.
* Must hold a valid FAA Control Tower Operator's License and a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate, renewed yearly (certified in accordance with FAR part 65).
Ten years of progressively responsible experience is required in a related field, with a minimum of five years experience being in the specific field of assignment.
Secret security clearance is required. Applicants selected must be a US Citizen in order to apply for a Secret Security Clearance. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment, and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.