Mobile Response Team (MRT) Avionics Technician - Teterboro, NJ
2 Malcolm Ave
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
The Off-Site Mobile Response Team (MRT) Avionics/Electronics Technician, will operate out of a fixed location to travel to customers' aircraft and perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspection, modification, and services of aircraft avionics, electrical and electronic equipment with minimal supervision. Perform and document all work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required. Will also be required to assist the Tech CRT A&P where applicable. Working conditions include considerable travel and extended assignments within region and frequent face to face contact with customers.
* Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hangar positions)
* Comply with environmental health / safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
* Troubleshoot, repair, install, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
* Perform and document work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
* Inspect incoming parts and documentation to meet regulatory requirements
* Assist in other maintenance disciplines ? Airframe, Powerplant, Structures, Composites etc.
* Operate ground support equipment as required
* Conduct mechanical / electrical removals and installations
* Return aircraft to service after maintenance at off-site locations
* Act as shipping and receiving agent for parts
* Create service orders with SAP
* Provide time estimates
* Audit your own location and truck monthly
* Perform other duties as assigned
As our ideal candidate,
* You have Avionics/Electric A/C Technical School or other substantiated equivalent
* You have a minimum of 3 years aircraft maintenance work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
* You have a minimum of 2 year experience on corporate jet aircraft
* You have a minimum of 1 year Bombardier aircraft model experience
* You have A Certification, P Certification, A & P Certification or Repairman Certificate
* You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
* You have the ability to effectively and accurately communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and/or aircraft status with customers at all levels
* You have your own basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory & control of tools
* You must be able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
* You must be able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
* You must have the ability to be available for considerable travel with 2 hours' notice, to include extended assignments lasting up to 30 days.
* You have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors, and customers
* You must have a valid drivers' license and be able to maintain insurable status
* You have the ability to work unsupervised and alone
* You have strong troubleshooting skills
* You have the ability to obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
* You possess a valid passport with the ability to travel internationally
* You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA)
* You have the ability to obtain a Bombardier Corporate Credit Card and stay good in standing of guideline requirements
* You have basic PC Skills
* You have previous experience in Customer Relations with emphasis on customer facing interactions
* You have experience with aircraft return to service and inspection procedure
* You have the ability to train other employees
* You have demonstrated Leadership skills
* You have strong planning/organization skills
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.