The Boeing Company is actively recruiting for Mid-Level Electrical Parts Manager/Components Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
This position requires a strong track record in communication with program management, customers, and subcontractors outside of Boeing. The position also requires controlling PMP product specifications, subcontractors parts management control plans, and DMSMS part management plans, lead teams in assessing applications, qualifications, evaluate/approve replacement EEE parts and components including qualification of plastic encapsulated microcircuits (PEMs), technology insertion, life cycle cost and parts obsolescence assessments/solutions, developing non-standard parts approval requests (NSPARS) for new part additions and assessing derating exceptions.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the electrical, electronic, and electro-mechanical (EEE) parts and components including subcontractor oversight of EEE parts and components for the PAC-3 Program.
- Have authority regarding all technical PMP dispositions.
- Integrate technical, value, safety, and HAZ-MAT considerations of EEE parts and components into product definition to comply with Boeing, customer, and government requirements.
- Be the prime interface with the customer on parts, materials and process concerns and lead initiatives to improve/develop PMP control processes in the absence of existing procedures for the PAC-3 Program as well as for the Boeing enterprise PM&P Engineering Function.
- Support with the PAC-3 PMPCB Chairman and work with parts managers/component engineers as well as other members of the PAC-3 Program team to define/implement engineering solutions to meet organization objectives.
- Work with the PAC-3 reliability, quality, configuration management, and logistics team to implement the PAC-3 Program PMP practices across the program in a cost efficient manner while maintaining contractual standards.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree or higher in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Bills of materials or obsolescence experience
- Experience coordinating activities with suppliers
- Experience in electrical, electronic and electromechanical (EEE) parts and materials and their application and selection into mission critical systems
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree in engineering, physics, materials science, physics, or chemistry.
- Experience working with defense contractors, parts, materials, & processes mission assurance plans
- Military and industry parts and materials specifications experience
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the TimeEngineering Test and TechIndividual ContributorNoNoStandardUnited States; The Boeing Company