15W UAV Operator
Job Views: 26
Location: BIRMINGHAM, Alabama, United States
ZIP Code: 35217
Job Category: Aviation
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Military drones, also known as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), are used in the field to gather intelligence for tactical operations. As an Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operator in the Army National Guard, you will be responsible for piloting these drones, and using your skills to gather and relay information about enemy forces and battle areas to your crews.
* Conduct air reconnaissance, surveillance, targeting, and acquisition missions
* Plan and analyze flight missions
* Perform preflight, in-flight, and post-flight checks and procedures
* Launch and recover airframe from runway
* Perform maintenance on communications equipment, power sources, light/heavy wheeled vehicles, and crane operations
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Performing intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance simulation missions
* Preparing maps, charts, and intelligence reports
* Analyzing aerial photographs
* Using computer systems
* Interest in remote/radio controlled vehicles
* Organize information and study its meaning
* Ability to think and write clearly
* Strong attention to detail
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with federal government agencies, including the CIA and NSA.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operator consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 23 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT).
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.