The FBU Field Product Manager for Aerospace & Defense is primarily responsible for engaging with customers, prospects and field staff in the global Aerospace & Defense sector to grow our FBU business while helping plan our FBU products to outperform competitive offerings in this space. In this regard, he/she is expected to communicate our FBU product highlights, plans and priorities to A&D customers, while also listening to their inputs, needs and plans. Leveraging this, the individual is expected to track significant market trends, identify opportunities for our FBU products, and work with the Technical Product Managers to prioritize, plan, test and deploy high-value new functionality in the FBU products. As needed, the individual will assist field staff in addressing and winning competitive situations. He / She will also be expected to work with Product Marketing to highlight and promote the advantages of the FBU products for the A&D sectors. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively engage with Customer Support and Sales teams in a transparent, collaborative manner to provide field support, product briefings, address competitive threats, and assist in winning FBU sales.
- Engage with customers in the A&D (and related) sectors to understand industry trends, identify needs, gain competitive intelligence, and convey our product highlights and roadmaps.
- Work with the Technical Product Managers to identify, prioritize, and plan new product functionality to ensure that our FBU products deliver compelling, world class value to A&D sector while understanding that we have finite R&D resources
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date product roadmap for the assigned industry sector
- Assist Product Marketing with meaningful, compelling content to promote FBU products, technologies and new functionality
- Assist field teams to win competitive engagements by leveraging industry and product expertise
- Provide sales training \"boot camps\" as needed to increase sales awareness of FBU product capabilities and sales effectiveness in closing FBU sales.
- Analyze FBU Quarterly sales performance, and initiate actions to enhance the same
- Work with the FBU PM team to ensure we meet annual FBU sales goals on budget
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in A&D sector
- Excellent communication skills, incl. ability to communicate business value of technical innovations
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Eagerness to compete and win product/technology sales
CULTURE AND VALUES
- MS in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- PhD in Aerospace Engineering
- 10 or more years of experience in A&D
- Experienced in using Fluent, STAR-CCM and/or CFD
- Prior experience in a sales support, technical sales or product management role
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.