The Specialist, UAS (Unmanned Aircraft System) Operationsprovides technical support for American Tower's drone operators (\"Operators\"). The incumbent works closely with the UASOperations team to provide Operators a safe, reliable flight software/hardwaresolution with the objective of maximizing flight uptime. The incumbent provides remote support tofield personnel by leveraging their subject matter expertise with drones,flight software, and other related technology. The Specialist interfaces with Operators, management, and the UAS OperationsTeam to solve technical issues as rapidly as possible. The incumbent will leverage existing systemsand develop processes to manage trouble tickets, track global software defects,log enhancement requests, and identify training opportunities.
* Perform triage, open tickets, and utilize UAS knowledgeto resolve delayed or failed drone flights due to hardware and software issuesreported by Operators.
* Document problems by accurately and completelyrecording, in both technical logs and a ticketing system, relevant factsincluding steps taken, diagnostic results, and escalation and repairinformation.
* Provide quality, timely, accurate end-to-end supportfor issues, including but not limited to phone, email, and instant messagecontacts; document and track incidents in the ticketing system.
* Assist with enhancing and creating new UAS MissionControl Center processes and procedures.
* Assist with analyzingtrouble tickets to identify trends leading to canceled and interruptedmissions, including weather, policy, software and firmware defects,hardware deficiencies, and training opportunities.
* Assist with testing UAS hardware and software to aidin evaluating and developing new product, software, and firmware releases.
* Fly drones to assist with the UAS program's researchand development testing to provide data for new product evaluation andfeasibility studies.
* Assist management with evaluating situational issues(airspace evaluation, flights over people, encroachment, weather) toadvise Operators on continued flight operations.
* Interface with vendorsto perform troubleshooting and issue resolution.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Advanced background as a UAS operator andflight automation end user.
* Strong UAS hardware, UAS software, andsensors knowledge.
* Strong technology background and knowledge oftroubleshooting techniques; excellent analytical and research skills forinvestigating problem solutions.
* Experience providing direction in acentralized repair, troubleshooting, and testing environment that includedanswering telephones, logging events in a ticketing system, and providingtechnical support and repair coordination.
* Experience coordinating with vendors forproblem resolution.
* Ability to work with different functionalgroups and levels of employees throughout the organization to effectively andprofessionally achieve results.
* Strong follow-up skills; ability to organizeapplicable timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
* Strong written and oral communication skills,including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
* Strong organizational skills; ability toaccomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effectiveprioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong track record of building andmaintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers andvendors.
* Self-motivated; able to work bothindependently to complete tasks and respond to requests and with others toutilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degreepreferred.
* Two years of UAS industry or equivalentexperience required.
* FAA UAS Part 107 Operators Certificaterequired.
* Basic understanding of remote sensing and photogrammetrypreferred.
* DJI flight platform experience preferred.
* Two years of technical issue tracking and resolutionexperience preferred.
Approximately 80%performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working undernormal office conditions. Approximately 10%travel may be required in support of the position's responsibilities.
Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit,stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms andhands, talk and hear. While performingthe duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel andcrouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.