American Airlines is seeking Part-Time Customer Assistance Representatives at the John F Kennedy International Airport
The Customer Assistance Representative interacts with customers in a courteous, efficient, friendly and professional manner:
* Accepting, checking and tagging customers' baggage at kiosks
* Processing and completing credit card baggage transactions at kiosks
* Assisting customers with self-service kiosk check-in and kiosk baggage processing
* Queuing lines in ticket counter areas
* Accepting and activating customers' self-tagged baggage
* Performing clearance and verification of documents at kiosks
* Possibly performing additional related duties as deemed operationally necessary by management in with the collective bargaining agreement
* Work shifts that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends and holidays
Click to see what it's like to be part of the Customer Service team!
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Communication Workers of American - International Brotherhood of Teamsters (CWA-IBT) Collective Bargaining Agreement.
* High School diploma or GED or international equivalent
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language.
* Bilingual language skills may be required in some locations
* Applicable valid driver's license as required by local authorities
* Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
* Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
* Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* Working knowledge of Sabre or any other Passenger Service System
* Previous face to face Customer Service experience
* Working in a fast pace environment
* Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Customer Service Representative, Customer Service
Associated topics: call center, call center associate, call center representative, client service, customer service representative, service representative, service specialist, support, system support, tsr