**THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
****Superior Qualifications and Special Needs Pay-setting Authority may be considered for this position. TAG is final approval authority for incentive programs. **
This National Guard position is for a SHEET METAL MECHANIC (AIRCRAFT), Position Description Number **D1371000**and is part of the 109TH AW, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
As a Sheet Metal Mechanic (Aircraft), WG-3806-10, you will accomplish the inspection, repair, modification, installation and troubleshooting of sheet metal, fiberglass, bonded honeycomb and other structural materials and components as well as treatment (i.e., mechanical and chemical), and painting of missiles, aircraft powered and non powered Aerospace.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
3806 Sheet Metal Mechanic
### Conditions of Employment
* NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position. * This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement. * Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. * Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. * Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement. * Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service. * Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation. * May be required to successfully complete a probationary period. * Participation in direct deposit is mandatory. * THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION. * Applicant must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
**Military Grades**:****ENLISTED ONLY
**Compatible Military Assignments**:****2A7XX, 2WXXX, 3D1XX
**GENERAL EXPERIENCE**: Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the ability to plan, manufacture, and install cylindrical, square, or rectangular-shaped objects that have easily constructed fastenings such as single and double-hem edges and single, double or grooved seams.
**SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:** Experience or training in planning, layout, and construction skills to manufacture items and systems with dovetailed seams, set-in-bottom seams, burred-bottom seams, or wired or lock seams. Experience using more complicated shop tools and equipment. Experience in using metals including stainless steel, copper sheet, magnesium, honeycomb material and alloys. Experience demonstrating the use of more complicated mathematical calculations and complicated measuring instruments.
Education requirements - Not applicable for this position
### Additional information
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your **resume** must have from and to dates for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. (Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013)
* Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
* Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status. *If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF-306 (**MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT**) (can be retrieved from
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link:
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click **Apply** to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to **select your resume and/or other supporting documents**to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and **click to continue with the application process**.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ( all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit:
### Agency contact information
### Maria Gigliotti-Hagen
109TH AW 1 AIR NATIONAL GUARD ROAD SCOTIA, NY 12302 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. * An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. * An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability * Social security number request * Privacy Act * Signature and false statements * Selective Service * New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524081400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
*Open & closing dates:* 02/12/2019 to 03/14/2019
*Pay scale & grade:* WG 10
*Salary:* $26 to $30.45 per hour
*Appointment type:* Permanent
*Work schedule:* Full-Time
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.